The Barclaycard Arrival PlusTM World Elite MasterCard®is one of the best personal rewards card available today, period. It comes with a great sign-up bonus, perks, and much more.
You will receive $400 in travel after spending $3,000 in 3 months with the Barclaycard Arrival PlusTM World Elite MasterCard®! That’s a great sign-up bonus. I just redeemed my Arrival points for a hotel in Barcelona, Spain!
This card is better than the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card in that you get 2 miles per $1 spent on all purchases, period. This travel rewards credit card gives you “fixed value” miles, so the miles you earn are more similar to the usual rewards points, worth about one cent each. In order to redeem, all you have to do is buy any travel expense for any time, and then cash in the points as statement credit. And here’s the kicker: when you redeem, you get 10% of the miles/points back, effectively kicking the value up to 1.1 cents.
Of course, this fixed value system so these “miles” don’t transfer with any frequent flyer programs. But, you still earn frequent flyer miles when you book your award trips, inching you ever closer to that coveted Elite status.
If you prefer the booking flexibility of a fixed value system, the Barclaycard Arrival PlusTM World Elite MasterCard® is a best bet. There is also a version with no annual fee — and a reduced rate at 1 mile per dollar spent with 2 miles per dollar kicking in for travel and dining. The sign-up bonus is also less at 20,000 miles after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months, as opposed to the 40,000 miles sign-up bonus that the annual fee version offers for the same spending requirement. And of course, like any good travel card, both versions come with no foreign transaction fee.
Check out our guide to the details below, with the [no-annual-fee version in brackets] where there is a difference.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles when you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days – that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is open, active and in good standing
- Chip card for increased confidence and convenience to pay abroad as easily as you do at home
- Book the travel you want – airfare, hotels, cruises and more and earn miles on your purchase
- Get 10% miles back to use toward your next redemption every time you redeem for travel statement credits
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- Complimentary online FICO® Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers
I love the Barclays Arrival Plus card. It comes with a great sign-up bonus of $400, and has many perks. I especially like that you receive 2x points on ALL purchases, no foreign transactions fees, and that you will receive a 10% rebate on all redemptions. Plus, you get a complimentary FICO credit score every month. Benefits everywhere! It’s hard to beat this card and what it has to offer.